Featuring : 11 Ways to Cook Adobo

I think that of all Filipino foods, the adobo is the most versatile. With 7,100 islands, each of the Philippines' regions has its own version of the adobo.  Every Filipino kitchen has its own adobo recipe and each version is unique on its own.  It is The truly Pinoy dish. Each adobo version that I have tried tastes different, and I have not come across one that is a duplicate of another.   And I've tasted a lot.  This is one of my favorite Filipino foods, and I just cannot resist having a serving of this irresistible dish served in get-togethers or even in Filipino restaurants that we frequent.  It's just amazing how, with so simple basic ingredients as garlic and vinegar, chicken or pork can be transformed into a mouthwatering adobo dish.  Just imagining the garlicky, vinegary taste of the adobo is making me crave for the dish right now.

In honor of this great dish, today I start a mini-series on the different adobo recipes that I have tried.  Here are 11 ways to cook adobo - Chicken Pork Adobo, Ilonggo Pork Adobo, Chicken Adobo with Gata, Chicken Adobo with Chicken Liver, Pork Adobo with Green Mango, Chicken Pork Adobo with Pineapple, Batangas Pork Adobo, Adobong Tagalog, Pork Binagoongan, Pork Adobo with Liver Sauce, Adobo Flakes. Please click on any adobo recipe that you would like to see. These adobo recipes are either our own family adobo recipes or adobo recipes that I have learned from my friends' versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment