Where To Buy Bangus - The Freshest and Tastiest Bangus

People who have tasted my bangus recipes have often asked me where to buy bangus.  In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that I get my bangus (milkfish) from a "suki" (regular bangus supplier).   I get the freshest and best tasting bangus from Mang Danny, a stall holder at the Farmers' Market at the Araneta Center.  He gets his bangus from Dagupan. Dagupan bangus is well  known as being one of the best tasting bangus in the Philippines.  Mang Danny's stall is called "Mar and Neng".   You take your pick from the different sizes of bangus and have it cleaned and sliced the way you want to.  He also offers deboning service for a minimal fee.  Be sure to visit his stall early in the morning as he sells only until around 7am after which another seller takes over the stall.  (Stall holders at the Farmers' Market go on time-sharing to spread rental costs).  I am a regular here and do my bangus shopping after we take our morning jog.  Try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment