Longaniza with Sunny Side Up - The Classic Filipino Breakfast


I haven't eaten longaniza in a while as I was trying to cut down on my fat intake but this morning I just couldn't resist as this longaniza breakfast was served by our angels on our breakfast table.  Paired with sunny side up eggs, it was delicious.  I like my longaniza well-fried with the sugars of the sausage caramelizing on the outside.  With chilli laced vinegar on the side as dipping sauce it was perfect. I passed up on the garlic fried rice and just opted for plain rice to reduce my oil intake (and to minimize the guilt in this indulgence).    Another accompaniment we would sometimes have with the longaniza is fried dried fish (tuyo) which neutralizes the sweetness of the longaniza with its salty taste.   How's that for yin and yang balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment